Magnesium alloys are in use around the world in a variety of different applications. It is a preferred material when looking for weight reduction without compromising overall strength. The vibration damping capacity is also beneficial in applications in which the internal forces of high-speed components must be reduced.
The most common applications are:
- Aircraft and missile components
- Aircraft engine mounts, control hinges, fuel tanks, wings
- Automotive wheels, housings, transmission cases, engine blocks
- Bicycles and other sporting goods equipment
- Equipment for material handling
- Laptops, televisions, cell phones
- Portable power tools, chainsaws, hedge clippers, weed whackers
- Printing and textile machinery
- Steering wheels and columns, seat frames
- Magnesium alloys have also been used as a replacement to some engineering plastics due to their higher stiffness, high recycling capabilities, and lower cost of production.
For more information on Magnesiuma Applications, visit the following sections: