IMA Is Now Accepting Nominations for Board of Director Seats
It is with pleasure that I write to you and invite you to consider serving our association and industry membership as a director on the International Magnesium Association (IMA) Board of Directors. Your leadership and management experience is welcome and we encourage you to consider joining for the betterment of our association and share in the experience of working alongside your industry peers.
IMA is now accepting Board of Director nominations for the 2019-2022 Board term.
The election will take place during the Annual Membership Meeting, Thursday, 16 May 2019, at the 76th IMA World Magnesium Conference in Budapest, Hungary.
All nominations must be submitted to the Nominating Committee on or before March 11, 2019. To submit a nomination, please contact Ralph Gervasi, IMA Executive Vice President at email@example.com or Tel +1 (847) 447-1702.
Who May Nominate:
Only self-nominations from current IMA members will be accepted.
Information to Include With Nomination:
- Name of Nominee (your name)
- Name of Company
- Contact Information (address, telephone, fax, e-mail address)
- Motivation for Nomination
- Brief Bio – bio will be used on the ballot. Be sure to describe your leadership experience and qualifications (limit:180 words)
- Current Affiliations, Additional Contact Info
- IMA Vision Statement
Purpose of the Board:
To advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of the International Magnesium Association so as to support the IMA’s mission and needs.
- Organizational leadership and advisement
- Organization of the board of directors, officers, and committees
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Oversight of program planning and evaluation
- Personnel evaluation and staff development
- Review of organizational and programmatic reports
- Promotion of the organization
- Fundraising and member outreach
*Members of the board share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of IMA. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community.
Board of Director term is three (3) years, which may be renewed up to a maximum of two consecutive terms (total 9 years in office), pending approval of the Board.
Meetings and time commitment:
- The board of directors meets two times a year: September, and at the Annual IMA World Magnesium Conference – typically mid- to end of May. Meetings are generally 4-6 hours in duration
- Committees of the board meet two times per year pending their respective work agenda: September and at the World Magnesium Conference.
- Board members are asked to attend the IMA World Magnesium Conference and at least one IMA sponsored event (if applicable) as they are determined.
Expectations of Board members:
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and at least one IMA sponsored event.
- Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Be alert to the magnesium and user industry concerns that can be addressed by (IMA) mission, objectives, and programs.
- Help communicate and promote IMA mission and programs to the community.
- Become familiar with IMA finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of IMA.
- Financially support IMA in a manner commensurate with one’s ability.
The intent of the board make-up is to represent the international magnesium community on a geographic basis, however, it may evolve that representation is not balanced from the perspective of membership numbers in certain geographic regions and/or due to what specific members are willing to actively serve and participate on the IMA Board of Directors.
IMA’s Mission Statement:
The International Magnesium Association will provide value to its membership through leadership and services in actively promoting the use of magnesium in material selection and encourage innovative applications of this versatile metal by:
- Actively promoting the use of magnesium metal in material selection
- Representing the global interests of its membership
- Providing research and education to actively address environmental, health and safety issues
- Gathering and presenting statistics and other information about the magnesium industry in an accurate and timely manner.
IMA is a consortium of combined member resources to develop value-added services and programs to address today’s industry issues at a fraction of the cost to an individual company. Membership in the IMA is an investment in the magnesium industry.
The IMA is the global resource and voice of the magnesium industry for our Membership and the international user communities.
For any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact Ralph Gervasi, IMA Executive Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel +1 (847) 447-1702.
Jan A. Guy,
2019 IMA Nominating Committee Chair
IMA Immediate Past President