Hotel Information & Reservations
Passport & Visa Information
Customs & Transportation
Arriving at Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore, you will leave the hustle and bustle of the city behind you. Set amidst 15 acres of lush greenery, Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore is a place like no other. Consistently voted as one of the best hotels in the world, this is where the legendary Asian hospitality of Shangri-La began more than 40 years ago. The story continues with you. When you have taken in the myriad of shopping choices in Singapore, from the enchanting roadside antique shops and the quaint little noodle stalls to the glitzy new designer shopping malls along Orchard Road, the luxurious sanctuary of Shangri-La will embrace you as you step onto its grounds.
Room rate: S$320++/per night
Reserve your hotel rooms online.
Reservation rate cutoff date - EXTENDED:
Thursday, April 20, 2017 Wednesday, April 26, 2017
(Hotel and Group Code will be pre-selected when using this direct link.)
Alternatively, you can make your bookings directly on the Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore website using the Group Code EWA200517:
- Go to the Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore website.
- Select the appropriate hotel and enter all the necessary stay requirements like check-in date, check-out date, number of rooms, adults, etc.
- Under the "Special Rate" area, select "Group Code" and enter the Group Code EWA200517.
- Click the Check Availability button to continue.
- If all the search criteria are correct and rooms are still available for the group, the group rate will be returned in the availability search result. Simply follow the on-screen instructions to complete the online booking.
In the event that you need to book nights that are out of the conference date range, please follow the steps below:
- Please book your room through the Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore website following the alternative instructions above for dates between 9 to 25 May 2017 and keep a copy of the confirmation email.
- Please send your confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org on the additional room nights required. We will revert if the group rate is applicable and assist you from there onwards.
Back to Top
Singapore is just 719.1 square kilometers big. Yet, despite its humble size, the island packs a punch with a blend of elements that come together in unexpected symphony. From old-school buildings alongside uber-modern architectural marvels to street food served up side by side with internationally acclaimed gourmet fare, the city itself is a celebration of diversity that goes beyond the postcard-perfect sight of steely skyscrapers.
See & Do
Five ways Singapore will surprise you.
Photos: Singapore Skyline, Silver Leaf SuperTrees, Merlion Park - Courtesy of Singapore Tourism Board
Back to Top
Passport & Visa Information
PLEASE NOTE: Travel Visa Requirements… it is recommended that all delegates review the visa requirements for entering Singapore and apply for any visa documentation you may need as soon as possible. Get more details regarding Visa applications for Singapore.
Please plan ahead of time for your visit.
All travelers are required to go through immigration clearance upon arrival into Singapore.
The granting of visit passes to visitors is determined by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers at the point of entry. Visitors must satisfy the following basic entry requirements before they can be considered for entry into Singapore:
- A passport with at least 6 months validity
- Valid Singapore visa, if applicable (refer to the Visa Requirements page for more information)
- Sufficient funds to last for the intended period of stay in Singapore
- Confirmed onward/return tickets (where applicable)
- Entry facilities to their onward destinations, e.g. visas
- Completed Disembarkation/Embarkation Card (All travellers are required to go through immigration clearance upon arrival into Singapore)
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, if applicable
The period of stay granted is shown on the visit pass endorsement given on the visitor's passport. Visitors are advised to check their passports for the arrival endorsement and take note of the number of days stay given before leaving the checkpoint.
All visitors on visit passes are not permitted to engage in any form of business, profession, occupation or paid employment while in Singapore.
Visitors are also reminded that it is a punishable offense to overstay in Singapore beyond the number of days given. If there is a need to stay beyond the period granted, visitors may apply for an extension of stay online via e-XTEND or at the Visitors Services Centre, 4th story, ICA Building, before the visit pass expires. Application for extension of stay is subject to approval.
All visitors need to go through immigration clearance when they depart from Singapore. Do ensure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months before departure.
At the immigration counter, visitors must present the Embarkation portion of the Disembarkation/ Embarkation Card together with their travel document to the Immigration Officer. Visitors who have misplaced the Embarkation portion of the Disembarkation/ Embarkation Card need only to report to the ICA officers at the point of departure for verification checks. Visitors carrying physical currency or bearer negotiable instruments (CBNI) that has a total value exceeding SGD 20,000 (or its equivalent in a foreign currency) are required to complete the Physical CBNI Report (Traveller) or NP727 form* at the immigration counters on departure from Singapore.
Visitors are advised to check their passports/travel documents for exit endorsements before they leave the checkpoint.
Back to Top
Customs & Transportation Information
International visitors can expect at least a probing question or two at the border or airport. Normal baggage and personal possessions should be no problem — but plants, animals, and weapons are among the items that may be prohibited or require additional documents before they’re allowed in.
For specific information about Singapore rules, check with the Singapore Customs website as they have an e-brochure that provides a guide on customs formalities and clearance procedures for travelers. It is available in English, Chinese, Malay, Tamil, Korean, and Japanese.
Please remove your passport cover to facilitate immigration clearance.
Prohibited Goods in Singapore
Do not carry goods for other people. If the goods are or contain dutiable, controlled or prohibited items, you will be held responsible. Under the Singapore law, the penalty for the illegal importation of controlled drugs such as heroin or morphine is death.
Under the Singapore law, you are required to open, unpack and pack your baggage when the checkpoint officer wishes to conduct an examination of your baggage. This is to give you full control over the entire proceeding. You can determine the manner of the opening, unpacking and packing of your personal belongings. This would also prevent any unintentional damage to your baggage or belongings.
Visitors are required to present their baggage for checks at the Red and Green Channels operational at all entry checkpoints. Proceed to the Red Channel if you carry:
- Prohibited items
- Controlled or restricted items
- Taxable or dutiable items exceeding your GST Relief or Duty-Free concession; or
- Items for which no GST Relief or duty-free concession is granted.
- Physical currency or bearer negotiable instruments (CBNI) that has a total value exceeding SGD 20,000 (or its equivalent in a foreign currency).
At the Red Channel, declare orally to the ICA officers that you have with you any of the above-stated item(s), show the item(s) to the officer and produce the import permit, if any.
Proceed to the Green Channel if you do not carry any of the above-stated 5 types of items. At the Green Channel, ICA officers may still conduct selective checks on visitors' baggage.
If in doubt, always seek clearance at the Red Channel.
For more information on the Red/Green Channels, controlled and prohibited items, GST Relief, Duty-Free Concessions and CBNI declaration form, please refer to the Dual-Channel System page.
For information on what you’re allowed to bring home, contact one of the following agencies:
U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP)
1300 Pennsylvania Ave., NW,
Washington, DC 20229
HM Revenue & Customs
Crownhill Court, Tailyour Road
Plymouth, PL6 5BZ
Tel. 0845/010-9000 or 020/8929-0152
From outside the U.K. - www.hmrc.gov.uk
Back to Top
Changi Airport Singapore
Airport Phone: +65 6595 6868
Hotel direction: 22.6 miles SW
The hotel does not provide shuttle service.
Visit Changi airport website.
- Train Station, SMRT (Singapore Mass Rapid Transit): System Map
Back to Top